Want to dedicate your life to pizza? If not that, at least looking for a job that cares about you, pays well, offers a reliable schedule, and healthcare? We’ve got you.
Breezy Town Pizza in Beacon Hill is looking for an organized, motivated team member to join our hardworking crew and to facilitate smooth operations in our small establishment. We are currently looking for an individual for 35-40 hours/week at our counter service setup.
Management track available for the right applicant.
Please include a cover letter briefly explaining what attracted you to the job when applying! Also confirm your vaccination status as part of the application. Seriously, we will not respond to your application without at least something showing you read the posting.
Breezy Town Pizza seeks an organized, motivated, service lead-tracked human to steer our loyal, hardworking team to continued success.
Breezy Town Pizza is a neighborhood pizza restaurant focused on making a great Midwestern pan pizza on house-made sourdough. Our style is an influence of Chicago pan deep-dish and Detroit-style pizza. We run unique special slices very frequently and make as much in-house as possible.
Breezy Town Pizza is the sibling to Windy City Pie and we re proud to have been praised by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, Eater, Seattle Times, Modernist Cuisine, and the 13 times James Beard Award winning Pizza City USA man himself: Steve Dolinsky.
All that said, we do keep our egos to a minimum and work to foster an environment of mutual respect, both amongst our crew and between ourselves and our guests.
We’re looking for someone who will stay cool under pressure, multi-task, and work quickly in a fast-paced environment. You should be someone that responds well to constructive feedback and is able to give constructive feedback too. Having a passion for pizza, puns, and food in general doesn’t hurt. You should be comfortable working in both front and back of house positions–everyone learns to do everything here. You should care about the work you do. We can teach you skills, but we can’t teach you to care.
We hope you:
- Are fully vaccinated and boosted, able to show proof of vaccination, and support our vaccination policies for all staff and guests
- Are at least 18 years old, but ideally 21+, love music, and are comfortable working during live shows we share a space with Clock-Out Lounge
- Have a calm and upbeat personality
- Value open communication
- Can give and receive constructive feedback
- Communicate well in writing and in person
- Are self-motivated and can motivate others
- Feel comfortable communicating professionally by email and text
- Can help lift up each member of a team and encourage their best work
- Are playful and collaborative
Extra credit if you also:
- Speak some Spanish! We’re a bilingual team.
- Are a weird pizza person who wants to geek out over regional styles and preparation techniques
- Pay starts at $16.50/hr for the first 4 weeks while we figure out how much of a badass you are + shared gratuity (currently averages $9+/hr) = effective $25.50+/hr with plenty of room to grow. Your growth as a team member and ability to adapt to new roles will be the primary basis for increased compensation and promotions. We always take care of our family and promote from within! When you’re kicking ass, we will make sure you’re compensated for it.
- After 60 days, employees working 33+ hours/week become eligible for company sponsored health care (medical and vision) covered at 75% and Delta Dental covered at 100%.
- You must be fully vaccinated and boosted and be comfortable wearing a mask while working. We don’t like wearing the mask either, but we want everyone to be safe more than anything.
Ready to apply? Email [email protected] with your resume and a brief cover letter.